Microwaves are one of those things you just can’t live without. So what happens when you push the start button and the mircowave sparks at you, runs for a second and then quits? You push the button again, right? And when it does the same thing, you push cancel and the minute button and it works. All problems solved…until a few minutes pass and you try to run it again, it sparks and runs, but your food doesn’t heat. The next day, you try it again…still no heat. So I guess it’s in the plans to get a new microwave, because no one could ever live without one! 🙂
So, this is exactly what happened on Monday night. On Tuesday Zach tried it again and still it would run with a weird noise, but no heat. So, we went to Best Buy and bought a new one. You’d think the darn things would be fairly simple to install and that they would all go up the same. Nope. That would be too easy. Took us a while to get the old one down, because is wasn’t up the way the new one would be, but we didn’t know what was keeping it up. Then we go to get the bracket for the new one on the wall, except you need a drill. No problem we have two. Oh, but wait, the nice one that we like is at Zach’s work, for some unknown reason. Oh well, we can use the old one……except it’s not charged. Oh, but it can be plugged in and work at the same time. We’re back in business…until we have to drill holes in the wall before inserting the screws. And guess what else made it to Zach’s work but not back home? Yep, you’ve got it, all of our drill bits. So we were done for the night. We decided for our lunch break the next day we’d continue the project….I mean how hard could it be?
Zach comes home for lunch the next day and we get to work. Well, mainly him because I had to work. I don’t get three-four hour lunch like he does, so I was working until he needed me. We get the bracket up, but the instructions state over and over that “at least one wood screw must be drilled into a stud in section E.” Well, in section E, only one bracket hole was on a stud, and the first screw we tired to screw into our already drilled hole striped before we could get it in…we still had about an inch to get in. So I took the wrench and got it out. The next screw, started to strip, so we took the wrench and tried to get it in with that and guess what??? Zach broke the head off. So now we have a screw half way in the wall with no head and it’s the only hole we can use. Pretty frustrating. After a short debate and some banging on the screw, we decided to leave it. If we could get the microwave on and it not touch the screw then there was no sense in stressing about it.
Then came the holes in the cabinet and the filler blocks. Haha….Zach was so mad. Insisted that you need to be a carpenter to put a microwave in. 🙂 Well, it took some effort, but we got it up. And then re-heated the Bacon for BLT’s….the only real reason we needed a microwave. We’d cooked up 3lbs of bacon the day the mircowave stopped working, so all we’d have to do to make a BLT was heat it for 10 seconds. Hmm….I think I’m going to go make myself a BLT. Sounds pretty good right about now. 🙂