Seven years ago I said, “I do.”
Since then our milestones include:
- I moved from my childhood home.
- Zach got a new job in the school district.
- We got our first dog together, Lexi.
- I student taught.
- I graduated with my Bachlor’s.
- We bought our first home.
- We got our second dog together, Guinness.
- I taught.
- We had our son, Isaac.
- I graduated with my Master’s.
- We’ve dealt with the death of Zach’s grandmas.
This year feels like a big year for us as Zach is preparing to graduate in less than a month. Although Zach has done all the school work, it feels like an accomplishment for our whole family. We’ve really been working towards this goal for ninish years. With this graduation comes the prospect of Zach getting a teaching job and moving into his career.
I asked Zach, “With seven years under your belt., what is the best part about being married?”
“Always having someone to talk to.”
“What is the worst part about being married?”
“Not watching hockey.”
“I’m not the reason you don’t watch hockey – school is.”
After much discussion over this, we come to a sort of agreement.
“Does that mean I have to pick something else?”
“Then…..not having as much alone time as I sometimes want.”
Ha! We’ve always known Zach likes/wants/needs alone time and I seem not too, so this answer doesn’t surprise me at all.