Zach and I celebrated our sixth anniversary this weekend. It’s amazing how time passes. We obviously came a long way from dating to getting married (read about it in My Love Story), but we’ve done so much over the last six years too.
Quick overview of the biggies:
The first year:
- Zach got a new job, within a month of our wedding.
- Zach wrecked his car shortly after starting new job.
- We lived with my father-in-law in a two bedroom apartment for just over a year.
- We went on our first trip to the Sand Dunes.
- We got our first baby, Lexi, for my birthday.
- My father-in-law broke his jaw and then his arm…every time he called I was worried he was back in the ER.
- I student-taught during the day and worked at nights.
- I broke my foot.
- I graduated with my bacholor’s.
- We bought a house.
- We went on our second trip to the Sand Dunes.
- Zach continued on with school, now at a local community college.
- We got a new dog…Guinness.
- We went on a road trip to AZ to visit my dad’s parents and ended up in Las Vegas visiting my mom’s dad and step mom.
- I accepted my first teaching position on our anniversary.
- I taught.
- I think this was the year we started our St. Patty’s Day party, but it could have been the year before.
- Sand Dunes.
- It was a slow year.
- I quit teaching and had two paychecks for several months.
- We traveled a lot more than normal…Oregon, Washington, Sand Dunes, Glenwood.
- I climbed a 14er (Zach won’t do it with me).
- We tiled our downstairs (it pretty much took all year!)
- I started my Masters at University of Colorado Denver.
- Zach transferred to Regis University.
- We enjoyed several symphonies.
- We got pregnant.
- I had a business trip to Nashville and Zach joined me.
- We went to lots of concerts….Barenaked Ladies, Snoop Dogg, Mile High Music Fest…
- Of course, we went to the Sand Dunes.
- We became parents to a beautiful baby boy – Isaac.
- I had emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder just days before my sister’s wedding.
- My sister got married.
- Isaac and I went to New Hampshire for Susie’s graduation from Dartmouth.
- We all went to Virginia to visit Stacy.
- We celebrated the 4th of July in Washington, DC.
- We went on a road trip to Dallas for a wedding.
- We lost both of Zach’s grandmothers, sadly before they could meet Isaac.
- We flew to Oregon for Dorothy’s funeral.
- We went to the Pumpkin Patch (for Isaac and my first time).
- Celebrated Isaac’s first birthday.
The Seventh Year Itch?
I don’t know about that. Zach should graduate shortly after our seventh anniversary, if he doesn’t get the new job he interviewed for. We have lots of fun scheduled for the summer, including hikes and zoos, museums and beaches, but all this would be misery if it was with anyone besides Zach. We work well together: I’m a planner, Zach is not. I get angry and yell, Zach rarely does. Dirty house drives me crazy, it doesn’t faze Zach. I don’t hold grudges, Zach does. See we are perfect opposites. 🙂
In celebration of our anniversary we had a busy weekend. We talked my parents into watching Isaac on Saturday night and went to a nice romantic dinner, where we got free desert. The evening was beautiful so we walked to a gelato place and had a second desert. Then we were off to see “How to Train Your Dragon” in IMAX 3D. We then hung out on the top level of the parking lot overlooking the city and talked about the last nine years. It was perfect!
On Sunday we took a family trip (minus the dogs) to the state park where we got married.