Today marks the eight year anniversary of Zach and my first date. The entire story can be found in My Love Story.
Eight years is a long time. We’ve grown up and changed so much.
Eight years ago…
- I was 20, he was 23.
- I was a Christian, he was not.
- I was working on my undergrad, Zach was living life.
- I knew nothing of the real world, Zach seemed to know everything.
- Zach was living with his dad paycheck to paycheck, I was living with my parents and had money to spare.
- Zach went our to the bars every weekend, I’d never had a sip of alcohol.
We were looking for changes in our lives.
Our lifestyles mixed into one. I’d finally found someone who I could be honest with and not be afraid of being laughed at. I trusted him to respect me-and he did. Somehow he brought back the carefree little girl I’d once been. Others had tried to change me….but the only one who did was the one who accepted me as I was-no contingencies, no rules.
Eight years. It seems like forever ago and just yesterday all at once.
Now, more than ever, I value everything you are and who you allow me to be. You are the best husband a girl could ever wish for and you are going to make an amazing father in a few weeks. I’m miserable at expressing my feelings, but know that no words can describe my feeling for you and the security you give me. Everyday I’m more amazed and can’t imagine my life without you. Thank you for being you and loving me.
I LOVE YOU!