I HATE being sick. Absolutely hate it. Zach finally gave me his cold. It started as this pain between my shoulder and my neck. The next day it was in my neck at the base of my head. Yesterday it was in my left nostril. Today it’s filled my whole head. I’m stuffy, sneezing, sniffy, snotty…my head hurts, my ears hurt, my eyes water….I’m just unsettled and sick!
We were going to have champagne tonight….but we’ve been invited to a party. Teddy is like my little brother, I’ve known him since he was born. Our families have just been connected. He is in the Marines, and is being deployed to Afganistan. So, we are going to show our support. But this means I have to go look presentable.
Despite somethings going on in my life, I’m pretty happy today, even with being sick. Happy things:
- I sat outside with the dogs today and ate lunch. It’s was a beautiful day! Warm sun, but cool breeze. I could have stayed out there all day. It’s made me happy.
- Zach got to go to work at noon today, so he slept in and kept me company this morning.
- The microwave is fixed!!! Finally, and now we don’t know what to do with it.
- Dad is working on the steps. And even though it’s costing me a fortune, which is giving me a slight heart-attack, they are looking beautiful and so clean!
- Dad has been a pleasure to have around the house this week and is now even working on organizing the garage. 🙂
- I’m going to lunch with Brooke and Taylor, okay, this isn’t for a few more weeks, but it still makes me happy….if Brooke and I can make things work, then so can Stacy and I.
- I get to go to Nashville with my husband.
- Jess is having a baby.
- Susie is coming to town.
- I had a great sandwich for lunch today….you’ll have to watch for the picture and instruction in the recipe section tomorrow or Sunday.
- God is in control. 🙂
I have to go get ready. Happy Leap Year Day to you all!