School starts in a week. I’m a bit nervous to go back to school, but as I was reminded last night, I’ve only been away for two years, so it shouldn’t be that bad. I got all my books on Tuesday…..they just make me smile. Man, do I love books!
Most anyone who is around us, knows we are tiling our downstairs. This is a massive project that we wanted done at the beginning of the summer and is now in hopes of being finished by the end of Bronco preseason. *fingers crossed* So…..Monday I was exhausted. Zach had been kept me up the night before being sick, we won’t go into details, but it’s the first time since we’ve been married that one of us has left the room to sleep. Dad called that evening and wanted to fix the wall (don’t ask), so he came over. He also took back the frige I’d borrowed for teaching, his dolly, and our guest bed (for my Grandpa to sleep on next week when he is at their house). It was nice to get some of that stuff taken care of. I’m hoping my parents keep the bed for a while so I can use the guest room as sorting spot to get the rest of the house in order.
Yesterday, Zach and I talked about how our house it driving us nuts. It’s cluttery, dusty and disorganized. And I don’t know when it happened. Anyway, this is what we accomplished last night:
* Zach and Hanna laid three tiles.
* I cleaned out the office and threw a bunch of stuff away.
* I cleaned the kitchen, did dishes, etc.
* We removed some “old” food from the fridge.
* Zach did laundry, which cleaned up our room termendously.
I know it doesn’t sound like a lot, but I felt like we did great. Especially, because we never really do any work when we get home from work, and I was extermely whiny last night, which threatened to ruin any productivity. 🙂
What we have left to do:
* Tiling (24 full tiles, all the cut edges, grouting, trim, painting)
* Finish organizing office, make it a working office for two.
* Throw crap away to clean out the guestroom a bit.
* Clean bedroom, both baths, living room, dining room, kitchen, not pickup…CLEAN.
*Create a schedule for clean so I don't get so far behind.
* Clean/Organize garage.
* Plant rose bush (I might have to keep it inside for the winter, might have waited too long)
* Find/design place for herbs for winter.
And all that by Monday….ha!
So far the weekend looks to be busy:
* High School Muscial 2 Party at our house (I don’t know, Zach asked, I said okay)
* Saturday morning Zach wants to go into work for four hours.
* Sunday afternoon we are going swimming at a friend house.
Tomorrow I get to go to Gateway and help out with the Newspaper. I’m so excited to just be around students and people again. I stopped by yesterday and I didn’t realize how uneventful my days are now. 🙂 It was good to stop by, I’m glad Corrie and I have come to this arrangement and that my boss is okay with it. It’s good.
Oh, and the last of my accomplishments. I started the Couch to 5K running program last week (www.coolrunning.com for more info). I’ve managed four days so far…..I completed week one and did my first day of week two yesterday. The nice things, I get to take Lexi, I don’t get bored and I’m actually really enjoying it and my ankle only started to bug me yesterday, but I stretched it out and it’s doing fine now. Guinness hates it because he is stuck at home alone, but I tried to take him once and he just causes problems, but that is for another blog. Tomorrow will be day five or Week 2, Day 2. 🙂