This weekend we painted the house. We’ve been wanting to paint the house for the longest time…..probably since we moved in, but we couldn’t decide on colors. Finally we decided on colors and went for it. Anyway, I’m thrilled with the way it turned out. What do you all think?
The before shots were “under construction,” so I’m not posting them because there is a ladder in the way most of the time. 🙂 Sometimes I just don’t think. I found some old ones from when we moved in a year and a half ago, so it shows the change a bit.
1. Poor dogs were baby-gated upstairs and whined a lot.
2. Me painting
3. I HATE heights. They scare me almost to death, but look…..I got really high. 🙂
4. Late night, after we were done the first day. My dad gave us a attachment to the drill to stir the paint and Zach stirred the paint, pulled the stiring thing out and then pushed the button, so we got paint all over us, all over the floor, all over pretty much everything…….it was a mess.
5. Sad puppies.
8. Zach and Guinness after it was all done.
So, a random, funny (maybe), childish story of a high school English teacher.
Last Thursday I had just dismissed my class of 10th graders and walked back to my desk, when what do I notice? I bright teal condom with a squirt or two of lotion in it thrown on my desk. At first I completely freaked out, went to another teachers class and not so nicely, asked her to come see what a student put on my desk. I talked to the dean and a few students who were in the class. After long discussions with several people and a lot of thinking back to the day here are some random facts:
* boy who put it on my desk was caught not reading and said “It was just lotion.”
* lotion came from a girl that sat at a different corner of the room.
* condom came from a different boy at a different part of the room who is quoted to have said that it wasn’t big enough.
* boy with condom is also the student who printed my photo off of my lj account onto a full sheet of paper and then put it in his see-through binder.
* this class is always rude to me, but this day was 10x worse.
What are you going to do with 10th graders????